Who doesn’t love a cupcake and a cuppa in the evening, while watching your fave show on the telly? I love baking and Netflix have added all seasons of The Great British Bake Off so to say I’m living my best life would be an understatement. I have been absolutely addicted to it recently and it has really given me the ‘baking bug’. Sooooo, I’ve decided that I’m gonna start a wee recipe book (something I can give to my kiddies) and bake far more often!
I took to Pinterest and found >this< recipe and knew I just HAD to give it a go. If I do say so myself, these turned out beautifully (can I get a hell yeah?) and were so delicious my dog took it upon himself to ‘sneak’ 4 off the kitchen table while I had my back turned.
- 175g of stork (at room temperature)
- 175g of caster sugar
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 150g of plain flour
- 25g of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C
- Cream together the stork and caster sugar in a large baking bowl
- One-by-one, add the eggs mixing between each one until everything is creamy and light
- Add the sifted flour and cocoa powder and mix again until fully combined
- Bake in the oven (duh lol) for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean!
- 150g of butter (at room temperature)
- 300g of icing sugar
- 200g of Nutella
- 1 tbsp of milk
- Combine the butter and icing sugar together until it turns light and creamy
- Fold in the Nutella until it goes chocolatey and delicious
- Add milk until it becomes creamy enough to pipe onto the cupcakes, but stiff enough to hold its shape
And that’s everything to it! Simply allow your cupcakes to fully cool and pipe your icing on top. I decorated mines with Kinder Bueno bars and they look amazing!
Please let me know if you try this recipe, and send me over some recipes you’d like me to try cuz I’m ALWAYS looking for something new to bake!
Until next time…