Halloween is literally just around the corner and that means it’s the perfect excuse to bake ~all~ the halloweeny treats your spooky lil’ heart desires. I made these delicious marshmallow squares for my fam as I can’t actually eat them myself but I was told they were super yummy. I got this recipe from the Nigella Lawson site and it worked a treat (no pun intended) although I did tweek it a bit so here’s my take on it.
You will need:
- 45g of butter
- 300g of mini marshmallows or
- 4 JUMBO marshmallows (I’m talking the size of your fist)
- 180g of rice krispies (or just as much as you need)
- 1 cup of milk
- edible decorations (optional)
What to do:
- Melt the butter in a bowl over boiling water (this is a lot less messy than melting it directly into a saucepan)
- Add your marshmallows and stir continuously until they melt and are all blended together nicely
- Add the cup of milk (I did this because the mixture went quite thick and I needed it to be slightly more runny)
- Add your rice krispies and stir until they’re all covered in the marshmallowy goo
- Spread your (now very sticky) rice krispies onto a tray of whatever size and shape ya like
- Sprinkle your decorations on top (in the spirit of Halloween, I went for purple glitter and wee black and white skulls and cross-bones.
Ta-dah! Obvs let them set a bit before digging in and there you have it- delicious and oh so simple Halloween treats!
Have you done any Halloween baking this year? Comment links to your posts if you have; I’d love to have a read.
Until next time…