Ever since day one, my blog has been ‘Lifestyle, Beauty, Travel and Food’ and I have never posted anything in the ‘Food’ category… until now. This is a suuuuuper simple recipe but its sooo delicious! These are simply Mars squares and, you guessed it, they’re Rice Krispy squares made with Mars bars… easy peasy! So lets get stuck in…
- x5 Mars bars
- x1 box of Rice Kirspies
- x3 packets of cooking chocolate
- 100g of stork
- Toppings of your choice (we always use coconut sprinkles)
What you’ve gotta do:
- Chop up the Mars bars into small bite-size pieces and melt over a sauce pan of boiling water in a wee bowl (I know there is a fancy name for this method of melting but I can’t remember it)
- Stir until the caramel is lovely and runny, the marshmallow is completely melted and everything is nicely blended
- Add the Rice Krispies to the melted Mars bars and mix until they’re all covered in an even layer of delicious chocolatey-caramely goodness
- Spread this evenly onto a tray (you can make them as thick or as thin as you like)
- Melt the two packets of cooking chocolate using that same fancy method we used before
- Pour the melted chocolate all over the Mars bar coated Rice Krispies
- Sprinkle your topping of choice on top
- Leave in the fridge to chill for 12 hours so they’re completely set for snack time.
And that’s it! Sooooo simple, soooo quick and yet sooooo delicious! These are absolutely divine with a cuppa or just perfect as a quick snack on their own!
Do you have any simple recipes? Comment them below, I’d love to give them a try!
Until next time…