This is strange… a mid-week blog post? Don’t worry, I’ll still be uploading a post on Sunday, but I thought I ought to make this post tonight to thank the ever so amazing ShutterBug (Courtney) for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger award. I am so honoured that anyone even thinks this blog is worth reading, let alone nominating for an award, so I was really touched by her nomination. This blog is still a lil’ baby, so to think that someone thinks it’s worthy of a nomination really warms my heart on this cold December night.
The Mystery Blogger award was created by Okoto Enigma to help smaller blogs get the recognition they deserve and help create a ‘family’ of bloggers (which I think is sooo cute!).
To quote Okoto Enigma:
“’Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share your link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
- I am currently in my final year of school and although the thought of university scares the living daylights out of me, I’m really excited to decorate my own house in my style
- I have the most amazing dog in the world and lil’ adventures are our main pastime
- Although my siblings and parents are aware I have a blog, I’m quite secretive about it and change the subject every time they bring it up (not that I’m ashamed, it’s just that this is my space where I can express myself)
- What was your favourite holiday tradition growing up?
My favourite holiday tradition would have to be going into my Granny’s house every Christmas night. I see my Granny A LOT throughout the whole year but there’s something special about seeing her on Christmas night. All of my Aunts and Uncles come and it’s so nice to all get together in her too-small living room.
2. Name your go-to holiday movie.
My go-to holiday movie is a toss up between Grounded and Elf. I think they’re both hilarious and family friendly!
3. If you had the choice of taking Rudolph, Buddy the Elf, or Frosty the Snowman to dinner, who would you choose and why? (This is supposed to be a funny/weird question?)
I would choose to have dinner with Buddy the Elf because I can’t imagine Rudolph’s table manners would be too great considering he’s a reindeer and all that, and Frosty the Snowman wouldn’t last too long at a candle lit meal… so I’m gonna go with Buddy (plus, he adds syrup to literally everything).
4. How will/are you spending your winter break?
I don’t get off school until the 21st of December this year (which is basically Christmas day in my eyes) so I don’t have a lot of time to do much, however I’m planning on going out for a holiday meal with my friends, having a Christmas pamper night with my sister while she’s home for the holidays and eating my entire body weight in Christmas treats!
5. Do you eat anything special for Christmas/December 25?
I’m actually an incredibly picky eater and don’t have anything special that I like to eat on Christmas day, but this is my first year celebrating Christmas as a Pescatarian so I’m excited to try some fancy fish for my dinner.
My Best Post:
I don’t like to measure the quality of my posts by how many comments I get, because to me, it’s about whether I enjoyed writing the post, not how popular it is. My best post, for me, would have to be One with nature because I had such a fun time taking the pictures for it and writing about the wonderful day I had with my family.
- Alyssa DeBella- The Wise Willow
- Stephanie- Lifestyle by Stephanie
- Morgan- Just Morgs
- Shannon May- Endless May
- Hannah- Alongside Hannah
- Rebecca Dennison- Static Nova
- Sofia- Life from Sofia
- Jessica- NinetyCo
- Diana- PandaDeebo
- Who do you admire most in the world and why?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Would you rather be really, really tall, or really, really tiny? (this is the silly question)
- Is there a book/movie that you use as an escape from reality?
- Do you believe that everything happens for a reason, or that we are the makers of our own destiny?
Once again, I would like to thank Courtney for nominating me for this award, I am soo privileged! x
Congratulations to everyone else who was nominated!
Until next time…